Ralph McQuarrie´s Star War Millennium Falcon Concept design Update

Millennium Falcon Concept

Had minor PC trouble the a few days ago and my modelling time was greatly reduce, and I had to restart this model from scratch.

I have used his other early falcon images to help me add features to this design, the most notable is the rear landing gear

I have scale this access corridor from the main hull to the cockpit to around 8 & half feet tall. so Chewbacca, should have some head room.

Here is a 6ft crewman in the image to help with the scale.

I think this is working a little better now.

9 thoughts on “Ralph McQuarrie´s Star War Millennium Falcon Concept design Update

1. evil_genius_180 March 19, 2012 / 4:24 pm

That’s cool so far, bro. Even though it’s early in the build, it’s interesting to note the differences between his concept and the final movie model(s).

• Taranis March 19, 2012 / 5:28 pm

Thanks …… its a interesting experiment with the design.

2. tom March 20, 2012 / 11:06 am

i think your blockout looks great! Can’t wait to see more!

🙂

• Taranis March 20, 2012 / 11:40 am

Thanks…… I always wanted to build this. its sad I had to wait until the death of RMQ to do it.

3. Jaitea January 21, 2013 / 2:42 pm

Have you done any more of this project?

• Taranis January 21, 2013 / 6:15 pm

Sorry no.. Real life events cutting into my hobby time. I hope to return to it some time

4. John Stuart February 3, 2013 / 1:00 pm

I’m thinking of making (modifying) a styrene kit of this concept design, but theres not a lot of reference material, were you going to improvise to fill in the gaps?

J

• Taranis February 3, 2013 / 1:41 pm

I was John, but never had the chance to work them out fully, I had note made but I have yet to locate them.

Comments are very welcome, thanks for viewing and I hope to see you return

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s